Thursday, January 1, 2009

Grilled corn and Artichoke Nachos



  • For some reason I can only remember eating these irresistible nachos poolside. Actually thats not true. I once made them for a Super Bowl party I was hosting, upon arrival most of my friends informed me they were dieting after totally overdoing it over the holidays. They sat drinking their Diet Cokes nibbling on their celery sticks, as 1 non dieting friend and I ate the entire platter of these insane nachos, I believe it was way before half time. Its one of those yummy summer appetizers that I occasionally crave in the winter time when Ive had my fill of cookies, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Put them down in the middle of a non dieting hungry crowd, they will vanish in minutes.



  • 1 can of artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped

  • 1 yellow pepper diced

  • 1 cup of grilled corn( in the winter I roast a cup of frozen corn with a little olive oil, sprinkle of salt and sugar until lightly browned)

  • about 4 -5 scallions minced, green part too

  • 1 cup of Colby or Monterey Jack cheese shredded

  • small bunch of cilantro chopped

  • 1 to 2 ts worcestershire sauce

  • 1 cup of mayo (dont even think about using the fat free crap)

  • 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced

  • 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips

Pre heat over to 400, combine everything except the tortilla chips. Place the chips on an oven proof platter. Spoon the mixture over chips as evenly as possible. Bake until bubbly, 20 minutes. Serve asap.



No comments:

Post a Comment